Something a little different today: I was given a Liebster award by Maggienesium (who in addition to being lovely and supportive of this blog, has an awesome awesome name) Read on for some random facts about me.
Here’s how a Liebster award works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers. **I have absolutely no way of verifying this…um….sure let’s pretend they do.**
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Questions for me from Maggienesium:
1. If you had a super power what would it be? The ability to knit 30% faster. Or flight might be nice…
2. You’ve been sentence to time on a deserted island, what is the one project you take with you? Some high polymer content yarn in sufficient quantities to knit myself a seafaring boat.
3. When was the last time the phrase “I regret nothing!” popped into your head? When finishing up my grandmother’s vest, despite the wheezing and hives on my hands from the mohair…I regret nothing!
4. Fog: for or against? In the early hours of morning, when it’s rising off the mirror-smooth surface of a lake… for. When it’s causing the traffic on the highway to slow to a crawl, against.
5. What’s your go-to fiber if you are a crafter? Gerund if you are a writer, and if you’re both answer using your favorite conjunctive adverb. My default fiber is merino wool. Warm, soft, and useful for just about everything…*sigh* (and furthermore my favourite conjunctive adverb is “incidentally”. Sorry, “furthermore.” You are a close second.)
6. What is one word you wished would make a come-back? “Gallimaufry” meaning a confused jumble or medley of things. Can be used to describe much of my cooking.
7. If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing before your very first project, what would it be? “Sweetie, the gauge on that hat is… you know what? You’ll… you’ll find out.”
8. Is there a color you won’t work with? I’d like to say no, but there are a few garish shades of yellow that bring about painful childhood memories of horrid turtlenecks.
9. You are rushing off to work, open the door, and there is a huge box of yarn at your door. What do you do? Put the box inside and continue off to work. There are two projects in my bag already, I can’t fit anymore yarn in there on short notice.
10. Favorite game. The ever popular where-is-my-cable-needle-screw-it-I’ll-use-this-pencil game. I’m also rather fond of Euchre.
11. You can teleport for one day – where are you off to first? Holland first, to visit a dear friend, then taking advantage of timezones I’m going to hop my way back to North American after giving hugs to all my friends overseas.
Aw, who am I kidding. Once I get to my grandmother’s house in Portugal I wouldn’t be permitted to leave for the rest of the day. 🙂
Questions for my nominees:
- How old were you when you learned to knit and how did you learn?
- You can only knit one type of garment for the rest of your life. What is it?
- Beverage of choice?
- Have you ever spun or dyed your own yarn?
- Any fibers you won’t work with?
- Show me a picture of your favourite finished object, please?
- Strangest place you’ve ever knit?
- Do you have a stash? How do you store it?
- What do you do for a living?
- If circumstances permitted, would you ever like to run a yarn shop?
- Do you have any pets or kids?